Monday, June 11, 2007

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger

...said the nice Kenyan man standing in front of me at the Kenyan Airways line last night. I arrived in Nairobi last night to the news that (contrary to British Airway's assurances) I was not booked on any connecting flight to Kilimanjaro and there wouldnt be an available one for at least another day. I pestered the poor people behind the desk intil 1:00 am and made them pay for my 4 by 6 sleeping cubicle at gate 4 (that would have cost me $40 for 4 hours!) I woke at 5:30 to try again, and apparently I am now on the next flight in half an hour, but I wont believe anything until we are in the air. I'm in good spirits, however, and the thought of stepping off the plane and seeing Kilimanjaro rising into the clouds makes this hellish experience worth it...sorta. :)

2 comments:

robinrutsi said...

Well, now we know for sure you're persistent and tough as nails! Hope you read this in Arusha!!

R

Logan G said...

yes, and Robin, I have a Tanzanian sim card and tried to text you today and it didnt go though. I should get service all the way to the top of Kilimanjaro so call me, if you wish!